Apparently everyone wants to drink safe and pure water and to get clean water one should keep the water cooler clean. It is impossible to get pure water from an unhygienic cooler, sometimes people avoid to clean the water cooler that makes them sick. It is the time to realize the most important fact that only clean cooler give you clean and healthy water.
The water cooler is the most used product in the houses or even workplaces. Whenever we used anything on a regular basis, then we got to clean or wash it, same goes for the water cooler. I have seen many people asking on various forums about how to clean a water cooler. People have so many questions and a very few answers that raise the level of curiosity.
How can you realize that it is the time you need to clean your water cooler?
Well, this is not a tricky thing to analyze. When you notice the dirt on water cooler, it alarms you that it’s high time to clean it and this dust or dirt can easily be seen through the naked eyes.
There are several tactics to clean dirty cooler, many people get benefit through such tactics. I have come up with a few awesome tips and trick to clean a water cooler.
Things you need to clean a water cooler
There are few things that you need at the time of cleaning like:
- Bleach or vinegar, many people prefer to use bleach, but both are good for the cleaning of cooler.
- Sponge or a cloth
- Cork or lid to cover the hot side of cooler.
Process of Cleaning
This is a complete process to clean a water cooler and get hygienic water.
- The first and most important step is to switch off the cooler and unplug it. Leaving it plugged can be a very risky thing and one can get injured. So, before starting the second step, make sure you unplugged it.
- After cutting the electricity supply, remove the water bottle. Always try to clean your water filter when the bottle is empty or about to finish, otherwise the water will get wasted.
- Remove the excess water from cold faucet and allow it to fall into the bucket. You can give this water to your pet, if you have any.
- If you have done all the above mentioned points, then it is the time to prepare a bleach solution. 1 tablespoon of bleach in a gallon of water is enough.
- Now pour the bleach solution in the inner portion and leave it for a few minutes. Close the hot reservoir with cork or lid or else the chlorine smell will not easily get vanished.
- Now, clean the cooler with sponge or a cloth.
- It’s time to drain the cooler, but always do it by using the cold faucet.
- Fill it with water and then drain it, repeat the step 2 to 3 times to remove the bleach water.
Yes, it is an easy task to do. Isn’t it?